Monday, August 14, 2023

An Introduction(In case you're new here)

 Hello everyone! I thought I would take a moment to reintroduce myself for 2023


My name is Chantal Gilmour but known around Cornwall Ontario as the Crazy Knitter 🤭 I started knitting as a hobby over 20 years ago to keep busy on maternity leave.

This hobby turned into a passion after a car accident that left me bed 🛏️ ridden for months waiting for surgery. Never really healed from said accident and surgery so I now spend my time making a living selling my hand-knit articles.

 My favourite piece to knit is slippers (I may be biased but my slippers are pretty warm and cozy) and I like keeping a dishcloth on the go in the car(you never know when you will have time to knit 😉) Using my powers of knitting for good, I started Warm Up Cornwall to make sure no one is cold during our cold Canadian winters.

When I am not knitting you can find me in a board meeting with the SDG and Akwesasne United Way/Centraide or one of two committees with the city of Cornwall. I also spend a lot of time with my nose in a book. I recharge by walking through nature absorbing all the energy only nature can provide.

Thank you for being part of my little community and I hope you enjoy following my journey through life with my knitting and all my other tomfoolery.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 2024!

 New year, new introduction. Same picture.(sorry I really like this one) I promise I will get a fresh new pic this year 🤭 My name is Chanta...